Sugar kills skin, and it can happen quickly! Sugar ages skin too.
Many women haven’t connected the dots between sugar and the effects it has on aging skin.
The sugar-skin killing connection is simple. Sugar can turn your smooth, healthy skin into a wrinkled, crepey, and irritated complexion.
When sugar binds to proteins in the skin, such as collagen and elastin, something called “glycation” occurs, causing it to collapse and form wrinkles and dryness, and oxidative stress occur which accelerates skin aging.
So what do you do about it? Eat less sugar to start with, but be sure your skincare products work to combat the problem. Ask yourself these questions:
1) Does my skincare intercept glycation by reducing inflammation and promoting new tissue regeneration?
2) Does my skincare promote the production of collagen and elastin which are essential for smooth and firm skin?
3) Does my skincare contain ingredients that have been scientifically proven to treat wrinkles, aging and mature skin?
4) Does my skincare contain antioxidants?
5) Does my skincare work to smooth skin on the face, and other challenging areas such as the neck and décolleté?
6) Is my skincare non-irritating and gentle enough for all skin types?
These are the concerns we addressed when we formulated Bella Virtu Organics Cleansing Silk (and many of the other products in our line).
Cleansing Silk was designed to gently cleanse and lift impurities, but it also protects against the effects sugar has on your skin.
Its’ unique blend of ingredients including botanicals, nourishing sea minerals, healing vitamins and enzymes work to reduce inflammation, stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, promote tissue regeneration, reduce wrinkles, refine and renew the skin and protect against premature aging.