Hormonal changes can wreak havoc on your complexion. Here’s how to keep it looking its best during and after menopause.
- Go Organic. If you’re not already using a high quality organic skincare line, start now. Studies have proven that mainstream synthetic skincare is loaded with toxic chemicals that disrupt your hormones – something you definitely want to avoid during menopause.
- Upgrade Your Moisturizer. The moisturizer you’ve used for years may not be hydrating enough anymore because oil production slows during menopause, your skin becomes thinner and is prone to dryness. Upgrade to an organic serum which penetrates more deeply and is better at locking in moisture.
- Soothe and Hydrate Flushed Skin. Hot flashes are common during menopause and skin becomes hot and flushed. To calm, soothe, and revitalize skin, consider toting an organic toner with ingredients like aloe vera, glycerin and neroli essential oil for a quick fix and spritz your face whenever you’re over heated. These are all excellent ingredients that work to calm and soothe flushed skin, but they also work well to hydrate and distinguish inflammation.
- Treat Blemishes. Hormonal fluctuations can lead to breakouts, yes it’s zits once again! This is not the time to reach for teenage acne products – they’re much too drying for menopausal skin. Even though your skin may feel a bit oily from blemishes, it can actually be drier than you realize. Skip harsh cleaners and astringents, reach for creamy gentle cleansers (think milky) that do not over strip or dry the skin, formulated with sea minerals and botanicals to keep skin balanced because of their ability to regulate the production of sebum.
- Diminish Age Spots. Estrogen decreases during menopause, and it’s what regulates melanin (the pigment in your skin). With the loss of estrogen, combined with long term exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays, brown spots or age spots start to show up on your face, neck, chest, arms and hands. It’s time to get a rich organic serum with ingredients such as rosehip seed oil, pumpkin seed oil, and helichrysum essential oil that work well at diminishing wrinkles and sun spots while stimulating new cell regeneration.
- Improve Skin Firmness, Tone & Texture. Dry, thin, and sagging skin are common complaints from women experiencing menopause. The goal at this point is to increase collagen production, skin plumpness and elasticity, and to decrease skin thinning, drying and wrinkling. This can be achieved using a high quality organic skincare line and being sure to incorporate gentle exfoliation, and applying a moisturizing mask twice a week. Use organic products made of gentle, yet highly effective ingredients such as nourishing plant botanicals, healing vitamins, and moisturizing butters and clays. Look for products that contain any of the following ingredients: argan and rosewood oil, coconut oil, rosehip, meadowfoam, pomegranate and pumpkin seed oils, geranium, neroli, chamomile and helichrysum essential oils, shea butter, aloe vera, colloidal oatmeal and rhassoul clay.
Our products are formulated to nourish, hydrate, moisturize, heal, and repair the skin, both during and after menopause. We focus on restoring and renewing compromised, damaged and aging skin. We formulate our products with organic ingredients that encourage cellular rejuvenation including plant botanicals, sea minerals, vitamins and enzymes to repair, renew and transform your skin’s appearance leaving it satin soft, silky smooth and glowing radiant.